Booths or exhibition stands are the vanguard of marketing for your company during the exhibition. Metro Exhibits, one of the largest trade shows in the United States, found that taking advantage of opportunities at trade shows is one of the company’s marketing techniques that can go beyond other marketing techniques. This is because the trade show event is an inter-company competition that allows to meet consumers with different backgrounds.
An interesting booth will bring in many consumers so that it can increase the chances of transactions happening. To make an attractive exhibition stand, as a company owner, you must be prepared to spend maximum time, money and creativity. To get a big investment opportunity for the company, the optimal effort to build an attractive booth or stand is one of the ‘sacrifices’ that won’t hurt, right?
Before designing and building an exhibition booth or stand, it’s a good idea to do a short preparation. Whether it’s when you design a display and build a booth independently or use the services of an exhibition contractor that is now increasingly found. Some steps of preparation are to find some references in determining the concept, type and target market.
1. The concept of the company as a physical display of the exhibition booth
The initial step before designing a new design in following the exhibition is to determine the concept, review the company’s business. The review includes brand and marketing aspects, company history, business objectives, market objectives, products / services promoted, competitors, sales processes, brands and marketing communication methods at the exhibition.
All information reviews are then summarized into visual concepts and supporting elements of design and design of exhibition stands that interpret the spirit of your company.
2. Determine the size and type of the exhibition stand
The smallest standard booth used in an exhibition for Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia or most of the Asian countries is 3m x 3m with a height of 2.4m, while in Europe it is usually added 1 meter.
The exhibition stand can be in the form of a stand massif or knockdown stand, while the usual booth configuration is in-line booth, peninsula booth, corner booth, island booth and split-island booth.
For more details about the configuration of an exhibition stand you can read it at Recognize Booth Types and Stands that are Suitable for Your Company & Organization.
If you use the services of an exhibition contractor, the type of booth can be discussed further with the person in charge of the exhibition contractor company. However, as a reference, various types of display booths that you can use for companies include:
- Banner stand
- Tablet display
- Pop-up display
- Modular exhibit
3. Determine the target market
The exhibition stand is not only a place to promote goods or services from companies, but also about how to attract consumers. Convincing consumers by explaining the benefits and usability of a company’s products or services is one way to attract buyers.
A company needs to conduct market research to classify market segmentation in setting market targets. Market segmentation can be obtained by grouping consumers (buyers) into groups of similar characteristics.
Market segmentation aims to study and search for market segments faced by your company, assess market segments and make decisions about the number of market segments that the company will serve.
As additional info, the following are a various types of consumers in an exhibition or trade in general:
- The decided but mistaken customers, are consumers who directly decide the desired item. Even though the seller feels that the choice of the consumer is not appropriate, the seller does not need to argue but simply tells the benefits of the item further.
- The silent timid customers, are buyers who feel awkward if the knowledge possessed about the desired item is known by the seller concerned when he asks.
- The talkative customers, are sellers who like to talk.
- The “I get discount” customers, are consumers who want a discounted price of items purchased.
- The decided customers, are consumers who already know and decide what items are purchased so that it demands the seller to provide special information.
- The deliberate customers, are consumers who want facts and advice on how to use goods and very consider in time
- The undecided customers, are consumers who cannot decide what items to buy
- The “know it all” customers, are consumers who seem to know everything. So that in this case the seller needs to give a wise and precise statement.
After successfully determining the booth design, the location of the booth establishment is also one of the important things. The location determines the achievements; this advice can also be applied to the establishment of exhibition stands.
Strategic location that is visited by many people and easily seen is one of the success factors in attracting consumers. Do not let your stand be in a remote location and make your product blocked by another booth.
By following the steps above, the author hopes your company or organization can get maximum results when attending an event or exhibition, hopefully useful. Greetings. (Ibm)
* Note: If you want to copy or change the contents of the article do not forget to include the link of the source.